$953 MM approved for Medellín´s Light Rail

The Colombian National Council for Economic and Social Policy (Conpes) approved the financing of the light rail project on Medellín´s 80 Avenue, declaring it of strategic importance to the Nation. The total estimated investment is $953 MM, including financing costs, of which the Nation will contribute 70% and the municipality of Medellín, the remaining 30%. The system will have 18 electric trains, which will help reduce 4.8 MM tons of carbon dioxide per year.

Source: El Espectador