Renewable energy projects to benefit local municipalities

The Ministry of Mines and Energy of Colombia issued several regulations on electricity royalties from non-conventional renewable projects. Generation plants with a total installed power capacity higher than 10,000 KW will transfer 1% of their gross energy sales to local municipalities. For projects with a capacity larger than 20% of the average national generation capacity, the transfer rate will be 2%. In detail, 40% of the value will go to municipal governments and the other 60% to local ethnic communities. Yet, the government is expected to provide further information on the latter.

Source: Valoraanalitik