The local market price for parchment-type coffee reached a new all-time high of $351 (Co$ 1.3 million) per load of 125 kilos, informed the National Federation of Coffee Growers. In March 2021, coffee production increased by 30% to 1.05 million bags, compared to the same month in 2020.
In 2020 home appliances sales increased by $188 million (Co$ 700 billion) to $ 892 million (Co$ 3.3 trillion), revealed Euromonitor International. Three local manufactures led local sales: Haceb (31.4%), Mabe (22.1%), and Challenger (9.7%). By 2025 sales are projected to rise to $ 1,011 bn (Co$ 3.7 billion).
The mining company Aris Gold Corporation has announced key investment plans in its Marmato mine in Caldas. It expects to invest $110 million financed by Wheaton Precious Metals International Ltd, of which $34 million have been disbursed already. The company also announced its merger with the international mining Peter & Greg Moss.
The national association of banks in Colombia (Asobancaria) launched yesterday 'Colombia Se Activa' economic recovery plan. It is a multi-bank alliance to provide financial services to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs). Under this plan, Asobancaria expects disbursements passed to small and medium-sized companies and their portfolio to grow by 8% and 7.3% this year.
The central government of Colombia has secured funds for the three most important railway projects for urban transport in Colombia. The Bogotá Metro, the Regiotram de Occidente in Bogotás metrepolitian area and the Avenida 80 light metro in Medellín. The central government will pay 70% of the total cost of each project while the local governments the other 30%.